Garlic-Herb Braid Recipe
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and seasonings. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and cubed butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each into a 15-in. rope. Place ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Braid
Sort By :
"Bread turned out good but I do not think I'm a fan of this combination of herbs in the bread."
"this is the best and it looks amazing"
"This bread turned out wonderful! It looks like you slaved over it for hours and makes a wonderful presentation on the table! I brushed my hot loaf with butter and dusted it with parmesan cheese and a dash of garlic salt and parsley! Will be making again soon!"
"This bread was great. I left out the dill."
"Easy and delicious!!"