Looking for a healthy day-starter? Children will actually enjoy eating their veggies when they’re baked into this cheesy, nutrition-packed egg dish. —JoAnne Wilson, Roselle Park, New Jersey
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg substitute, cheeses, pepper and pepper sauce. Stir in the vegetables. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Veggie Egg Bake in Country Woman August/September 2012, p47
Reviews for Garden Veggie Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review