Fudgy Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; place two pieces in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter. Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Banana Muffins(6)
Sort By :
These were way too sweet. I won't make them again; I've got a better recipe for banana muffins.
Too sweet. We have another banana muffin recipe that we add chocolate chips to, and it's got a better taste. I had already copied this one into a notebook, and I removed it.
delicious, nice mix of banana and chocolate mmm, can't go wrong.
These muffins are so good and yummy. Love them!
These have been a family favorite since they were first published in Quick Cooking.... they disappear immediately.. I have also used chocolate eggs as a substitute and yumm!!