Green and red apples add a nice crunch to this pretty medley of blueberries, grapes, pineapple and mandarin oranges. The colorful salad is dressed in a refreshing lemon sauce.
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- In a serving bowl, combine the apples, grapes, pineapple, blueberries and oranges. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice and water; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over fruit and toss gently. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Apple Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p16
Reviews for Fruity Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2016
"This salad is simply delicious! I didn't put the blackberries in. It is a wonderfully light salad. Any combination of fruits would be good. I WILL MAKE IT AGAIN."