A neighbor served these kabobs at a family picnic and brought some over for us to sample. I was pleasantly surprised at the tasty toasted cake and juicy grilled fruit. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 medium nectarines, quartered
- 3 medium peaches, quartered
- 3 medium plums, quartered
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-1/ 2-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine first five ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Remove from heat.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread fruit and pound cake. Place on a greased rack over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, until lightly browned and fruit is tender, brushing occasionally with apricot mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Cake Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p10
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Cake Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review