Fruit 'n' Cake Kabobs Recipe
A neighbor served these kabobs at a family picnic and brought some over for us to sample. I was pleasantly surprised at the tasty toasted cake and juicy grilled fruit. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 medium nectarines, pitted and quartered
- 3 medium plums, pitted and quartered
- 3 medium peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-1/ 2-inch cubes
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the apricot preserves, water, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the nectarines, plums, peaches and cake cubes.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cake is golden brown and fruit is tender, brushing occasionally with apricot mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Cake Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p10
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Cake Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >