- 1 jar (10 ounces) Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 6 beef cubed steaks (1/3 pound each)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable bag, combine mustard and water; add steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dip steaks in flour mixture. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry steaks, two at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 20
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fried Mustard Cubed Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2013
This was so good!
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2008
The Cajuns in south La. use straight mustard as a dip to coat their fish before coating with flour or fish fry to fry. It is always good.