- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut each tomato into five slices. Spread each with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese mixture is golden brown and tomatoes are heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Broiled Tomato Slices
Sort By :
"Ohhh, how delicious! We had these with breakfast. I only made 1/4 the recipe since it was just the 2 of us. My husband wants more. Thanks for this simple way to fix my garden tomatoes."
"Good. Used mozzarella slices instead, worked well for me. It does remind you of pizza. Wonder what pepperoni on top would taste like? I'll try that next time."
"These made a nice side dish to our steaks last night. Too much salt for us as well - I will just add it to taste next time... Loved the cheese mixture!!! It would be good served on bread, with or without the tomato!"
"This is a wonderful appetizer! Every one of my guests loved it! I did use low-fat ricotta, fat-free mayo & omitted the salt. I'll be making this often!!!"