- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut each tomato into five slices. Spread each with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese mixture is golden brown and tomatoes are heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Broiled Tomato Slices
Sort By :
"This is so so very good. We use this as a side dish. Everyone I've served this to loved it.. Many people have asked for the recipe."
"This is very good as a toasted open face sandwich. Toast your bread, add a sandwich meat if desired, and then follow directions for the recipe."
"Ohhh, how delicious! We had these with breakfast. I only made 1/4 the recipe since it was just the 2 of us. My husband wants more. Thanks for this simple way to fix my garden tomatoes."
"Good. Used mozzarella slices instead, worked well for me. It does remind you of pizza. Wonder what pepperoni on top would taste like? I'll try that next time."