Eat it tonight, or freeze it for later. This cheesy casserole is still awesome months after you make it. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spiral pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, add mushrooms to remaining oil; cook and stir over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soup, broth, 1 cup cheese, oregano and pepper. Add spinach and tomatoes; return chicken to pan.
Drain pasta; add to soup mixture and toss to combine. Divide between two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, covered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casseroles; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casseroles with foil; bake as directed, increasing baking time to 1-1/4 hours or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Originally published as Fontina Chicken & Pasta Bake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Fontina Chicken & Pasta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review