Chicken Florentine Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, cheese, spinach, mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper.
- Drain macaroni; gently stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 539 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2018
There were 5 of us at the table tonight and the one who had seconds said, "It's not bad but I'm hungry so maybe I'm not a good judge." My husband, who is a human garbage disposal, did not have seconds and he is known to go back 2 or 3 times. I followed the recipe as written. I think if I were to make it again (which I most likely will not), I would alter the cheese to an Italian blend. Perhaps add cream to the mushroom soup to make the dish creamier. I think even with those changes, it would take a 3rd round of making it to tweak the seasoning.
Sep 26, 2018
ok snoberhauf , what a silly remark "Adding canned soup to miscellaneous ingredients is not cooking". I made it and it tastes great!
Jun 1, 2018
Adding canned soup to miscellaneous ingredients is not cooking.
May 15, 2016
I'm giving 5 stars. I m sure the original is just as good. I modified mine to use ingredients I had on hand. Everybody gave a thumbs up. Used fresh spinach - about 10-16 oz. Because the fresh spinach was not creamed I added 3 - 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese. I sauteed a sweet onion with 1/2 whole chicken (cubed) and I used reduced salt cream of chicken soup.
Sep 29, 2014
Very tasty! My husband & son enjoyed every bite!
Jun 18, 2014
Absolutely delicious! This is a keeper! Recipe works perfectly as is, down to size of casserole dish!
Apr 26, 2014
This was a fabulous casserole! Funny thing is, my husband messed up and grabbed condensed cream of chicken instead of the condensed cream of mushroom! But it was STILL a hit! The bread crumbs made the crunch sooo yummy! I felt it needed a little more salt to taste. I'll definitely be making this over again!
Apr 18, 2014
A huge success at our house, which includes some picky eaters! Feeding the kids spinach without complaints is a huge accomplishment. Great flavor.
Apr 17, 2014
I made this as is and thought it was good. To all recipe raters, you should make recipe as stated, then make it again adding your own changes. I used dried basil did not have fresh.
Apr 17, 2014
While this recipe looks and sounds very good it is WAY to fattening and contains much to much sodium