I came up with this recipe when unexpected company arrived and I didn't have enough lettuce and tomatoes on hand to make a traditional salad. Everyone enjoyed it so much that it became a regular at our table. —Avanell Hewitt, North Richland Hills, Texas
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup small pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, salad dressing, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and dill. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 14 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Festive Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad in Country August/September 2009, p49
Reviews for Festive Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review