- 1 can (12 ounces) diet cola
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a large skillet, combine first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Add chicken; stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Cola Chicken
Sort By :
"There wasn't enough flavor to satisfy my family. It's very unusual for me to have to throw away any leftovers, but some of this ended up In the wastebasket. I hate to give a mediocre review, so I offer our experience with a grain of salt. :("
"This came out great, I do use regular cola but plan on trying DR. Pepper next time I make this. I use italian seasoning and fresh garlic. I also add in onion powder to taste. Instead of putting the lid on for the first part of the cooking leave the lid adajar and the sauce will thicken much better."
"It did not look like the picture...the sauce did not thicken like pictured. I used regular cola instead of diet. The taste was good and my kids ate it, so I'll definitely make again."
"Definitely a keeper. I did not have plain oregano so I used a blended Italian seasoning and it was finger lickin' good. Even my sons friends asked for seconds!"
"Made this tonight and my entire family gobbled it up, even the kids asked for seconds. Will definitely save this recipe! My husbands only complaint....what a waste of skin :-)"