Family-Favorite Fried Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in eggs; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil to 375° in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts7 ounces cooked chicken: 630 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 290mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 52g protein.
May 20, 2019
This chicken has a nice breading and fries up nicely. It does need a tad bit more salt for the flavors to really come through. Next time I make this I will add a bit more salt. I also dredged the chicken in flour before the whisked egg so that the egg and breading mixture would stick better.
Apr 21, 2018
This is not a good recipe if you like flavor. The coating is great, but the flavor profile is very bland....thumbs down
Apr 19, 2018
RecipeI does not use any marinade or injection. Very generic taste. Sans buttermilk, very generic recipe. But C for effort of simplicity. Works far better if you either marinate or inject chicken at least 12 hours before cutting up into sections. Also, fry chicken breasts at a slightly lower temperature ( about 10 degrees) for 7 minutes longer.
Aug 27, 2017
May 1, 2017
I have been looking for a good coating for chicken wings and this is it!! I deep fried them for about 9 minutes and they were perfect along with ranch dressing for dipping. I did substitute Panko for the bread crumbs, the wings were perfectly crisp! Can't wait to make the wings again and other chicken pieces.
Mar 6, 2017
Amazing! This is exactly how l have been making my fried chicken for over 25 years. People love it and ask me " What do you put in your chicken to make it taste so good?"
Dec 31, 2016
So good! A great variation to buttermilk fried chicken. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne to the dredge for a little kick.
Sep 21, 2016
I didn't know fried chicken could be so G...OOD!