Favorite Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the blackberries, sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Blackberry Cobbler
Sort By :
Used fresh wild blackberries. Delightful! Perfect texture, taste, and sweetness.
So easy and DELICIOUS! It was gone in no time. Will definitely make it again & again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
I made this with dewberries and served with vanilla ice cream. It was delicious and easy to make!
Out of this world tasty. My first cobbler and it was a huge success.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Cobbler >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Cobbler >
- Blackberry Cobblers >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Cobblers >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >