- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Apple Crisp(8)
Sort By :
So easy and so good!
Simple and delicious!
It was ok but nothing special. I made it with 1/2 c sugar and it was plenty sweet.
Quick, easy to make, and YUMMY! This is exactly what I have been searching for.
this is one of the best apple crisp recipes and i have tried many others