- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Apple Crisp
"My husband loved it! I made it with 6 cups of apples and it was just fine."
"Fantastic! Fast & easy. Will definitely make again."
"I was looking for an easy apple crisp recipe to use up apples from the orchard. This was as simple as could be. I used Cortland apples and it was delicious."
"This was just what I was looking for! Recipe was easy to follow, turned out perfect! I did double the topping, because I used a 7 x 11 dish."
"Simple and delicious! My family loved it!"
"this recipe is awesome, we always serve warm with vanilla ice cream ... YUM it starts off fall for us!"
"Used a mixture of Granny Smith and Fuji apples--hubby loved it! Apparently I should have tried it before he came home...guess that just means I have to make another one. Great recipe.: very easy to make and (apparently) very tasty!"
"My husband enjoys most apple desserts. This is on his favorites."
"My family loved it. Will definitely make again!"