- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in enchilada sauce and salsa; set aside.
- Place two tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with one-third of the meat mixture; top with 1 cup corn; sprinkle with 1-1/3 cups cheese. Repeat layers once, then top with remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casserole
Sort By :
"Excellent - what a nice change !! I used Five Cheese Mexican BlendVery tasty and a keeper.."
"This was very tasty and flavorful. I felt like it had way too much cheese, but my husband disagreed. I did make some additions. I sauteed an onion and a chopped up jalapeno with the meat. Added black beans to each layer and topped it with scallions and sour cream at serving. DELICIOUS!"
"My boyfriend thought that the tortillas were a little soggy but he had never had an enchilada casserole before. We both thought that it tasted wonderful."
"Excellent! I have made enchiladas for years. This is so much easier and just as good!"
"I added more meat, and used a 9x9 pan, so my casserole was thick and full. This was easy to prepare. My husband enjoyed it very much., I would think it would be very flat or very sparse if you made it as written."