I visited Mexico last year and was inspired by the fresh flavor of the food. Tomatillos and limes were widely used, and they add a tangy punch to this egg salad. —Sarah Inglis, Wappingers Falls, New York
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatillo, husks removed, rinsed and thinly sliced
- In large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, cayenne if desired, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs.
- Layer tortillas with tomato, tomatillo and egg salad mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Egg Salad Burritos in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p35
Reviews for Egg Salad Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review