Egg Salad Pitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in the eggs, cheese, onion, carrot and bacon. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each pita half. Add lettuce and tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 401 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 233mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 5, 2010
This is great. I substituted celery seed for the celery salt and used chopped celery instead of the bacon. The carrot and the celery gave it great crunch. Used whole wheat pita bread. Very tasty and will make again.
Jun 8, 2010
Quick, Easy, Healthy, Delicious! I added a few touches of my own like using Turkey bacon, bell peppers instead of carrots, and adding more mustard less mayo. It turned out fantastic! :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.