Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwich Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add eggs and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwich
Sort By :
"Halved the recipe and made with fat free sour cream, turkey bacon, and fresh garlic chives. Served on homemade bread. Tastes like my mom's Fake-Eggs' Benedict in a salad form. Quite tasty."
"Making egg salad sandwiches for a light supper tonight; husband down with **flu**, and these sound good to him. Serving soup alongside. He generally has a hearty appetite and loves most everything. Am blessed with a man who is not **picky**. Growing up, my older brother was as picky as they come and my Mom had hard time satisfying him sometimes."
"I made this after Easter to use up Easter Eggs. I'm not really an Egg Salad Fan, but I loved this version."
"I made these sandwiches for a Sunday School picnic, and they were a big hit! Will definitely make again!"
"Made these for 'supper' last night and are they ever delicious!! My husband was highly impressed. Had soup with them."