On days I don’t have much time to cook, egg salad on croissants hits the spot. It's also nice made with toasted bread or English muffins. Our family loves egg dishes of any kind. Luckily, my mom owns 30 chickens and keeps me supplied with farm-fresh ingredients.
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add eggs and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 2005, p33
Reviews for Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review