Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwich Recipe
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add eggs and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwich(5)
Sort By :
Halved the recipe and made with fat free sour cream, turkey bacon, and fresh garlic chives. Served on homemade bread. Tastes like my mom's Fake-Eggs' Benedict in a salad form. Quite tasty.
Making egg salad sandwiches for a light supper tonight; husband down with **flu**, and these sound good to him. Serving soup alongside. He generally has a hearty appetite and loves most everything. Am blessed with a man who is not **picky**. Growing up, my older brother was as picky as they come and my Mom had hard time satisfying him sometimes.
I made this after Easter to use up Easter Eggs. I'm not really an Egg Salad Fan, but I loved this version.
I made these sandwiches for a Sunday School picnic, and they were a big hit! Will definitely make again!
Made these for 'supper' last night and are they ever delicious!! My husband was highly impressed. Had soup with them.