Your family is sure to enjoy this mildly spicy one-dish meal with Southwestern flair. It's quick and easy to make and fun to serve. -Flo Burtnett, Gage, Oklahoma
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, mayonnaise and chili powder.
- In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, chips and cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Taco Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p39
Reviews for Easy Taco Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review