- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, mayonnaise and chili powder.
- In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, chips and cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Taco Casserole
"Fast - easy and yummy"
"very good ... family loved it"
"I didn't like how the crushed chips and grated cheese got hard together, like a whole layer on top of hardness you had to pick off. I saw another person say add the cheese later, maybe that would work but maybe the chips need to be on the bottom and the cheese put on top as is done in another wonderful recipe on TofH, turkey taco bake. I agree with another reviewer that taco seasoning would be a lot better than just chili powder which was a bit spicy but bland. Maybe it saved sodium if that is a concern, but it didn't really taste very good, at least not to me."
"I got this mixed up with another recipe..forgot the mayo, added the salsa to warm refried beans and layered the beans over the chips before the meat layer. Tasted great!"
"I love this recipe! I found this in Taste of Home quite a few years ago & have been making it ever since. I always have to double it :) And even then my family eats it all! Be careful not to over-bake because the cheese on top will get hard. I have served this to other families, at parties, and potlucks always with rave reviews. Sometimes we serve it with the lettuce & tomato but sometimes we don't."