Easy Taco Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, mayonnaise and chili powder.
- In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, chips and cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Taco Casserole(15)
Sort By :
I got this mixed up with another recipe..forgot the mayo, added the salsa to warm refried beans and layered the beans over the chips before the meat layer. Tasted great!
I love this recipe! I found this in Taste of Home quite a few years ago & have been making it ever since. I always have to double it :) And even then my family eats it all! Be careful not to over-bake because the cheese on top will get hard. I have served this to other families, at parties, and potlucks always with rave reviews. Sometimes we serve it with the lettuce & tomato but sometimes we don't.
Do yourself a favor and make a taco salad instead. I made this exactly as the recipe said; my first mistake. I usually add more spices to boost flavor. This was soooo bland. Easy is not always better.
Added canned corn and black beans and the family loved it!
Made for husband and me last night and both agreed was soooo much better than regular tacos! Much easier and not as messy to eat. Also added sour cream to top after baking. Will definately be making again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Taco Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >