- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 11 medium), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high until almost tender, 12-14 minutes.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain potatoes; add to sauce, stirring gently. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chives. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Easy Scalloped Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Easy Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review