“My mother made this tender, moist meat loaf at least every other week—and always served it with scalloped potatoes. It was one of my favorite meals growing up.” You’ll be amazed by all the flavor from just a handful of pantry ingredients! Helen Lipko - Martinsburg, PA
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, bread crumbs, soup mix, cheese and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread ketchup over top; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Meat Loaf in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Classic Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review