Easy Classic Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, V8 juice, bread crumbs, soup mix, cheese and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Spread ketchup over top; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Classic Meat Loaf
Sort By :
This was very delicious! I didn't have v8 juice on hand and instead added half a can of tomato soup! I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing :)
I make the recipe as stated. It takes about 1h10min to bake in my oven.
This was very good, however 30 mins is not nearly long enough. I baked mine for 40 mins (knowing how long my meatloaf usually takes) and then added the ketchup and baked for another 10 mins and it was still nearly raw in the center. Next time I will bake for an hour before adding ketchup and then another 15 mins.
Not a meatloaf fan but this was easy & delicious. Husband & kids agreed! I also had to cook longer than the recipe called for, probably closer to an hour.
This recipe is wonderful! I am a beginner cook and not a very good one so far - but I couldn't mess this one up! I added some diced onions and mushrooms and it came out perfect! Thank you Taste of Home!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >