- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup diced citron, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles small crumbs. Add eggs; stir until moistened and mixture forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 10-in. circle. Place in a 9-in. pie plate; flute crust. Refrigerate.
- For filling, beat the ricotta, sugar and flour in a bowl. Add peels and salt; beat until smooth. In another bowl, beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes; slowly fold into ricotta mixture. Gently mix in remaining ingredients. Pour into the crust. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Easter Pie in Reminisce March/April 1995, p47
Reviews for Easter Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2011
"Would also make for other holidays"