Christmas Eggnog Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the eggnog, milk and pudding mix over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in rum and nutmeg. Pour pudding mixture into crust. Chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 287 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 11, 2016
I made this pie for Christmas. It WASNT a big hit. I was hesitant to make this and I wish I would of made something else. The crust came out so hard. It was a task to cut into it. The actual pie part tasted good but for some reason my family didn't really like it.
Jan 8, 2016
I made this instead of regular eggnog I used Pumpkin eggnog, I omitted the whole milk and used 3 cups cups of the pumpkin eggnog and a large vanilla pudding. This was more delicious than the regular eggnog pie.
Nov 7, 2015
I love this recipe. Easy and delicious. Even for breakfast! :-)
Nov 4, 2015
Never made a pie in the winter, but will definitely give this one a try. Is there any reason I couldn't use 3 cups of eggnog and omit the milk?
Nov 3, 2015
My new best friend....loved it!!!
Dec 10, 2014
Nov 3, 2014
Used whipping cream with eggnog. Not a fan of overly sweet anything. this made it creamy and oh so good.
Jun 17, 2013
We love this pie! I ended up making more for the family at the next visit, they loved it so much.
Jan 3, 2013
3 cups eggnog. one large box of cook n serve pudding pinch of nutmeg. graham crust . cool whip topping. easy and good.
Dec 30, 2011
This pie is delicious, but I had to add another pkg. of pudding to get it to thicken. It is also sweet so it's best to have a small piece. I will make it again, it's so good.