Eggnog Cranberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir in cranberries. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Pour into crust; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining water; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Gradually stir in eggnog and rum.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream; pour over cranberry layer. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 296 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 27, 2017
I made this pie yesterday for guests and not a crumb was left by the end of the evening! Delicious, tart and sweet -- just perfect!!
Jun 4, 2013
Lovely and delicious. The flavors really go together well. This will be a Christmas favorite.
Nov 23, 2012
Excellent !! Didn't need to change anything. A perfect balance of tart/sweet.Thank you !!
Dec 3, 2010
Excellent recipe! Perfect balance of flavors. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for a great, great recipe !!
Dec 16, 2007
This is delicous & a perfect pie for the holidays. My husband loved it!
Dec 12, 2007
I served this to my bridge club today. It is now in my permanent recipe file. The tartness of the cranberry layer is a perfect compliment to the creamy eggnog mixture. I made the pie in a ginger cookie crust. Fantastic