Yuletide Eggnog Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Freshly grated or additional ground nutmeg
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with eggnog, beating well after each addition.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and eggnog until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 296 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 11, 2017
These turned out amazing! I used the Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from Taste of Home, subbing eggnog for the milk.
Sep 21, 2015
Made these last year on Christmas Eve.....one batch...they went fast...been waiting to make these again..they are fabulous ....
Aug 9, 2015
Lovely, delicious, fluffy and light, perfect balance of eggnog flavor, I now get eggnog just so I can make these!
Dec 22, 2014
HAPpY HAPpY HAPpY HAPpY HAPpY these are the best of cupcakes that i've ever eaten. Thus far,
Dec 30, 2013
The icing was delicious but as for the cupcake part I can't tell bc I was trying to bake with a toddler hanging off my legs so I made a big mistake and forgot to add flour!!!! So the cupcake part didn't turn out so I'll be doing that part over when my son goes to sleep.
Dec 18, 2013
These were a huge hit with friends and family. Definitely a keeper!
Dec 13, 2013
These cupcakes are delicious. I added red and green sprinkles for a festive garnish!
Dec 10, 2013
Made these into eggnog cakes balls. They were the hit of the party. I dipped them in white almond bark and sprinkled them with nutmeg.
Nov 28, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.