Dutch Cream Waffles Recipe
"My grandmother made these waffles in a waffle iron on a wood-burning stove," says Barbara Syme of Peoria, Arizona. "The crispy golden waffles are special to me because, 40 years ago, I served them to my husband the first night I cooked in our new house."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks on low speed; gradually add cream and beat for 1 minute. Add to flour mixture; combine on low speed, then beat on medium-high until smooth.
- In another bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Serve with syrup. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Dutch Cream Waffles in Reminisce March/April 1994, p53
Reviews for Dutch Cream Waffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review