- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 15-20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Double K Grilled Salmon
"My favorite way to prepare salmon! And my 5 year old loves it too, so thats a double-win!"
"This is a most enjoyable recipe. It has the perfect balance of Sweet, and Sassy with a hint of Heat. I only had sweetened Pineapple juice so I backed away from some of the Brown sugar. I felt that the extra sweetness was tamed down with the use of all of the remaining ingredients. Everyone had a say in creating this lovely marinade.I think that Dijon mustard would be a very nice addition.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor *"
"I made this recipe last night for dinner and was not disappointed! I always have all of these ingredients on hand, and it came together in no-time at all. Very flavorful! I will definitely make this again. The leftovers were also wonderful served over some leafy greens for a nice light salad."
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to prepare and absolutely delicious...we can't wait to make it again!"
"Wonderful flavor and easy to make. FAmily loved it"