- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Reduce heat to medium; stir in broth, cream cheese and mustard until blended. Remove from heat. Stir in potatoes.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Dijon Scalloped Potatoes
"Absolutely delicious!!! My husband raved over this dish :) It took longer to bake, over 60 minutes."
"Will add recipe to my collection. Made last night. Both husband and I liked!! Topping was good, too. I did bake at 375, as that is what the meatloaf was baking at. I used all regular potatoes, as did not have sweet potatoes. I doubled amount of mustard, as we like that flavor. I did have a problem with the cream cheese melting. I used low fat so maybe that was the problem. Over all great recipe."
"I made this recipe as written, my husband and I liked the potatoes, but didn't care for the topping. I made them a second time, this time I topped the potatoes with a cheddar cheese, butter, and panko mixture. This was so good. The third time I made the potatoes, I topped them with a panko, butter, & parmesan mixture. This was our favorite!"
"Can this recipe be cooked in a slow cooker?"
"I loved this dish. My husband dose not like sweet potatoes and he loved this too. I can't wait to make it again."
"I love love this. So easy to make!! I make this every time I make scalloped potatoes. I usually don't have the parsley so I sprinkle it with green onion tops."
"Made this last night. Didn't care for it. I didn't like the mixture of sweet and russet potatoes. I didn't like the sweetness of of the sweet potato. I may make again just useing russet potatoes."
"I made this recipe for a potluck at work, and everyone loved it !!!! I copied the recipe out and shared it with those who asked for it. I hope that whoever submitted this, will PLEASE, submit other recipes. I absolutely love this one !!!!!"
"Too much cream cheese for me"