Crustless Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham. cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Crustless Spinach Quiche
Sort By :
"When I see some other the other recipes for this has a blue ribbon. It makes me wonder why this recipe does not. This one has the most 5 star ratings. I just made this for breakfast. Just love this! The man I take care of raved over it. It usually takes a bit for him to rave over something. I didn't have either one of these cheeses. Nor did I have enough of any one cheese. So I actually used a combo of 4 cheeses ( Smoked Gouda, Goat, Provolone, and Velveeta.) He doesn't like mushrooms, so I omitted them. Other than that I made it the same. Loved it. I will be making this again."
"This is a very good recipe...made it without the ham completely vegetarian....smelled so good baking...added a dash of nutmeg to egg"
"I've made this several times and it is delicious."
"This is a pretty good recipe but needed a bit of spice/seasoning for my family. I made it twice, altering ONLY the addition of mushrooms the first time (husband is allergic). It went over "ok" but with a few complaints about seasoning. I made it again altering it a bit. I used fresh spinach, used green chile instead of mushrooms, added salt, pepper and garlic-to taste. I used Monterey Jack cheese but only used about 1/2 to 2/3 the amount. This time, family loved it! When I make it for breakfast, I use cooked bacon and/or sausage!"
"Yummy! Fine without the ham if you want to go vegetarian. Olive oil is a great substitute.~ Theresa"