- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, green onions and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and sugar until blended; drizzle over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and bacon before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Sort By :
"Made this for Thanksgiving Dinner... nice for a lighter dish. Will make again.. it would be a great summer salad. I used red onions instead of green, and used red wine vinegar instead of rice vinegar."
"I love this salad!! Be sure to find FRESH sunflower seeds, though. So many stores keep nuts for a long time and sunflowers are notorious for turning rancid and have a bitter taste - even if the package has not "expired". I've found shelled, unsalted pistachios to have a better flavor in this salad. Love using the naturally sweet rice vinegar, fresh bacon bits and diced red onion!"
"I use a similar recipe but use cider vinegar and raisins as well as red onion instead of green. My favorite"
"This salad is AMAZING!! I use red wine vinegar insted of rice vinegar, mainly because that is the vinegar I always have on hand. The flavor is excellent and everyone seems to enjoy it."
"I have made this salad many times. It taste just like the store bought ones. When I make it I put sliced red onions in it so my picky husband can take them out. He just has never like raw onions. I also use bacon bits instead of bacon strips. It saves time and cleanup. Thank you Jessica for sharing this wonderful recipe."