- 1/3 cup fat-free sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, whipped topping and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining cinnamon before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Crunchy Apple Side Salad
"Does anyone have an idea what to use instead of Yogurt ? Neither me or my husband can tolerate it. Sounds good. but...."
"My entire family loved this. My daughter made it for us. That made it extra special. I'm going to try it with pecans next time. I loved the cranberries."
"We love this salad! We use what ever apples we have in the fridge and leave out the craisins and add grapes. You can really play around with this! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Added additional sweetener. My brother-in-law asked to take some home."
"I'm not big on apples and my fiance hates salads, but we both absolutely love this. He begs me to make is constantly."
"So good even my friend's 4-year old called it "delightful". Love the extra flavor from the cinnamon and the fact that there's no mayo."
"Really good and really easy .... my favorite words to describe a recipe!!"
"Delicious!!!! Very light with lots of flavoring."