Crunchy Apple Side Salad
- 1/3 cup fat-free sugar-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, whipped topping and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining cinnamon before serving.
3/4 cup: 109 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 31, 2016
Does anyone have an idea what to use instead of Yogurt ? Neither me or my husband can tolerate it. Sounds good. but....
Apr 9, 2016
My entire family loved this. My daughter made it for us. That made it extra special. I'm going to try it with pecans next time. I loved the cranberries.
Dec 31, 1969
We don't like 'fake' whipped cream, didn't have any, so I made with all yogurt (2%) instead. More a light dessert than a salad for our tastes but very tasty and I'll be making it again. Excellent for a healthy breakfast dish, too!
Dec 31, 1969
We love this salad! We use what ever apples we have in the fridge and leave out the craisins and add grapes. You can really play around with this! Thanks for a great recipe!
Jun 14, 2013
Left out the cranberries, and substituted whatever yogurt I had on hand. Great healthy dessert!
Dec 26, 2011
Added additional sweetener. My brother-in-law asked to take some home.
Nov 11, 2011
I'm not big on apples and my fiance hates salads, but we both absolutely love this. He begs me to make is constantly.
Sep 26, 2011
So good even my friend's 4-year old called it "delightful". Love the extra flavor from the cinnamon and the fact that there's no mayo.
Sep 19, 2011
Really good and really easy .... my favorite words to describe a recipe!!
Aug 27, 2011
Delicious!!!! Very light with lots of flavoring.