Crispy Meatballs Recipe
Instead of bread crumbs, crisp rice cereal holds these meatballs together. I've had this much-used recipe in my files for years. - Nancy Dose, Arlington, Minnesota
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs an a greased rack in a shallow pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Yield: 16 meatballs.
Originally published as Crispy Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p49
Reviews for Crispy Meatballs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2011
These are wonderful. A nice change from other meatballs.