- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together egg and hot sauce in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, toss almonds, bread crumbs, lemon peel and spices.
- Halve fillets lengthwise; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then in almond mixture, patting to adhere; place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Almond Tilapia in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crispy Almond Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review