Gluten-Free Almond Crispies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./ batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, beat the syrup, oil, water and extract until well blended. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into syrup mixture until blended. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you’re concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 54 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 6, 2017
Very good. Love the almond flavor. Will be making again soon!
Jul 22, 2012
These cookies are AMAZING!!!! I made these for a friend who has a gluten intolerance and I am definitely making them again for myself!!!!
Mar 27, 2011
I cooked these for 10 minutes. They have a delightful chewiness to them. The almond extract added such a nice flavor too. Delicious!
Dec 28, 2010
This is an easy recipe to make and my family loved it. The cookies are very crunchy and not so sugary sweet. I will definitely make it again. I have sent this recipe to all my family members you cannot have gluten.
Aug 26, 2010
This was my first attempt at a gluten-free recipe. Total success! I love these cookies!