Nutmeg Sugar Crisps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 101 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 8, 2018
These are an absolute family favorite. We make them as part of the family Holiday Cookie making party. They are tender and crispy at the same time. I use freshly grated nutmeg and the smell is wonderful. I just looked at the date of this recipe and realize I have been making them for twenty years!
Dec 11, 2014
My son love these cookies..
Dec 5, 2013
Hands down my favorite cookies ever- and I make a few batches of cookies every year! It's never the holidays until a batch of these have been made! These are wonderful and so tasty. I've never had to refrigerate the dough and I bake them for 8-10 minutes, so they are softer. Wonderful!