Nutmeg Sugar Crisps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 101 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 11, 2014
My son love these cookies..
Dec 5, 2013
Hands down my favorite cookies ever- and I make a few batches of cookies every year! It's never the holidays until a batch of these have been made! These are wonderful and so tasty. I've never had to refrigerate the dough and I bake them for 8-10 minutes, so they are softer. Wonderful!