Crisp Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes using a 2-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 117 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 14, 2017
I guess these are ok for a cookie to decorate but the flavor is bland & cookie isn't crisp it's tough. No one ate these cookies.
Dec 20, 2014
My very first cut-out cookies and they are great . . . thin and crisp and with such a gorgeous delicate flavor that just melts in the mouth and dazzles the senses . . . thank you
Dec 11, 2014
My parents were going to an elder's outing and I needed to fix something to help them out, so I made these-delicious
Dec 7, 2014
These are the best, my family loves them.
Aug 8, 2013
I've tried a couple other sugar cookie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. Its absolutely the best! Been making it for years! I dont try others any more.
Mar 27, 2013
Didn't make nearly as much as I thought it would.
Sep 11, 2011
I made these cookies a long time ago, then lost the Taste of Home magazine that the recipe was in. They were so good that they're still on my mind, years later. It occurred to me to check the internet! So glad I've found them. They're delicious.
Apr 10, 2011
After the first time we were hooked on "Crisp Sugar Cookies." Because there's just 2 of us, we make a half-sized batch.They're good for an every-day snack and they're great for company, too. These cookies are terrific.
Apr 19, 2009
These cookies are very good! I rolled them pretty thin so they are very crisp. I may frost them next time and see how that works out. This recipe is a keeper.