Crisp Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Cover and refrigerate 15-30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes using a 2-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 117 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 12, 2019
This cookie was not as crispy as indicated. Crispy on the edges but doughy on inside. They do not have any flavor. No one cared for these cookies. I threw them away. A waste of time and money.
Sep 4, 2019
Tasted more like a shortbread cookie. That may have been my fault, though; I used stevia instead of regular sugar. I'll try making it again soon with sugar and see if it turns out any better.
Aug 7, 2019
A wonderful crisp sugar cookie. Delicate, yet has a nice snap to it when you bite into it. I rolled the dough into a large rectangle and using a pastry wheel, cut into squares, then pricked the tops to look like shortbread. I sprinkled turbinado sugar on the tops before baking. These will puff up a bit, so make sure to follow the directions and roll 1/8 inch thick.
Dec 14, 2017
I guess these are ok for a cookie to decorate but the flavor is bland & cookie isn't crisp it's tough. No one ate these cookies.
Dec 20, 2014
My very first cut-out cookies and they are great . . . thin and crisp and with such a gorgeous delicate flavor that just melts in the mouth and dazzles the senses . . . thank you
Dec 11, 2014
My parents were going to an elder's outing and I needed to fix something to help them out, so I made these-delicious
Dec 7, 2014
These are the best, my family loves them.
Aug 8, 2013
I've tried a couple other sugar cookie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. Its absolutely the best! Been making it for years! I dont try others any more.
Mar 27, 2013
Didn't make nearly as much as I thought it would.
Sep 11, 2011
I made these cookies a long time ago, then lost the Taste of Home magazine that the recipe was in. They were so good that they're still on my mind, years later. It occurred to me to check the internet! So glad I've found them. They're delicious.