Crisp Sugar Cookie Mix
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen per batch
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually add 4 cups cookie mix; mix well. Cover and chill 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake 7-9 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 74 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 31, 2015
This recipe makes baking cookies so much easier! The mix makes a wonderful gift idea... Easy and delicious.
Dec 9, 2014
These were the best. I made them all and then frosted them as I needed them during Christmas, which made them easier to store over the holidays. The have a great taste. My family loved them.
Dec 3, 2013
This is one of my favorite homemade gifts to give. In addition to being easy to make, I've baked up the cookies as well, and they're delicious!
Dec 8, 2011
Love this idea for a gift! :)