Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup cornflakes or crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the oil, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats, and cornflakes. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 490 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2015
In the end, I wasn't crazy about these. They had an interesting texture, but just wasn't crazy about it. Probably won't make these again. As another reviewer stated, the recipe makes more than 3 dozen.
Apr 2, 2015
These are my all-time favorite cookie. It's the oil and the rice krispies that give them a special texture. I always add 1/4 cup baking cocoa to make them look different than regular chocolate chip cookies too. They freeze very well.
Nov 30, 2014
I get rave reviews every time I make these cookies. They are so, so good. And they make about 2 more dozen than stated here. They are my new go-to chocolate chip cookie!!!