Crisp Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup cornflakes or crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the oil, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips, oats, and cornflakes. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 490 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 26, 2015
In the end, I wasn't crazy about these. They had an interesting texture, but just wasn't crazy about it. Probably won't make these again. As another reviewer stated, the recipe makes more than 3 dozen.
Apr 2, 2015
These are my all-time favorite cookie. It's the oil and the rice krispies that give them a special texture. I always add 1/4 cup baking cocoa to make them look different than regular chocolate chip cookies too. They freeze very well.
Nov 30, 2014
I get rave reviews every time I make these cookies. They are so, so good. And they make about 2 more dozen than stated here. They are my new go-to chocolate chip cookie!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.