Crispy Coffee Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Dissolve coffee in water; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 118 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 5, 2015
I deliberately tweaked this recipe and used 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening, rather than oil. I also used these 2 Coffee-in-3 packets with 2 Tbsp. hot water as I hadn't any instant coffee granules available. I also used 1 tsp. mint extract and used 1/2 packed brown & 1/2 granulated sugar. I used 1 tsp. salt, rather than 3/4 tsp. salt. I kept the amount of flour and baking powder the same and folded in 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. I baked cookies 7 to 8 minutes @ 400 o F. which worked out much better for me. I got 4 to 4-1/2 dozen cookies. I'd rolled the dough balls in sugar and flattened dough with my hand.I found it worked best to immediately remove cookies from my baking sheets-otherwise they harden and are difficult to remove! delowenstein
Oct 22, 2014
It was absolutely awful. Not worth making. I don't want to give it any stars but it won't let me submit my review without rating it so I gave it one.