Creamy Seafood Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, scallops and wine or broth. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir milk mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Drain linguine; top with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy Seafood Linguine
Sort By :
I also added imitatin crab and minced clams to my recipe instead of scallops, only because my husband doesn't care for them It was a hit!!! Also added a dash of cayenne pepper for a little heat. Wonderful!
I added 2 cans of chopped clams and imitation crab and imitation lobster and had only angel hair pasta. For a novice cook, i found that it was easy to follow and easy to make.
I used to make this recipe but lost the recipe. I am so glad to find it here. It is so delicious. I have served it for a dinner party and everyone wanted to know the recipe.