Creamy Raspberry Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh raspberries and mint
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, drain raspberries, reserving the juice. Set berries aside. In a small saucepan, combine the juice, cold water and gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add berries and gelatin mixture; beat on low until thoroughly blended. Chill until partially set. Watch carefully, as mixture will set up quickly.
- Gently fold in whipped cream. Spoon into the crust. Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Top with fresh raspberries and mint. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Raspberry Dessert
Sort By :
"I made this for Christmas dinner at my sister's house. It was a little sweet, but definitely worth making again. Very pretty in addition to being very yummy."
"I didn't have unflavored gelatin, but had a box of sugar free strawberry jello. I used that instead. I did everything the same but used strawberries instead and cool whip instead of whipped cream. Turned out delicious..."
"Made this for Easter lunch today and it was a big hit. i used 8 oz lite cool whip, light cream cheese and only 1/3rd cup sugar in the filling and it turned out great! I will definitely make this again."
"I just made this exactly like the recipe says and it looks so pretty. I think it will make a yummy treat for our new neighbors! Cant wait to make it again this summer when its hot out."
"Must admit I cheated. Used a graham cracker crust I purchased, bought a bag of frozen raspberries frozen plain and a container of Cool Whip. Put frozen berries in a bowl, added half a cup of sugar and got a good amount of juice from the defrosting berries. Put that juice with the gelatin and water and after 5 minutes heated the gelatin and stirred until dissolved. Whipped the cream cheese in a stand mixer. Added the semi-defrosted berries to the gelatin mix and it jelled sufficiently right away so added it to the cream cheese, beat everything smooth then folded in the Cool Whip and placed in pie shell. Delicious and very quickly done! It is resting in the refrigerator and prior to serving will place fresh raspberries over the top. Wait until my grandkids see this!"