- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh raspberries and mint
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, drain raspberries, reserving the juice. Set berries aside. In a small saucepan, combine the juice, cold water and gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add berries and gelatin mixture; beat on low until thoroughly blended. Chill until partially set. Watch carefully, as mixture will set up quickly.
- Gently fold in whipped cream. Spoon into the crust. Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Top with fresh raspberries and mint. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Raspberry Dessert
"I would love to try this recipe, however I would like to know how to prepare in a 9X13 pan as indicated by one of the reviews. (Ina Bovey) Hope you can help me out. (PLEASE) Thanks, Gee"
"I made this for Christmas dinner at my sister's house. It was a little sweet, but definitely worth making again. Very pretty in addition to being very yummy."
"I didn't have unflavored gelatin, but had a box of sugar free strawberry jello. I used that instead. I did everything the same but used strawberries instead and cool whip instead of whipped cream. Turned out delicious..."
"Made this for Easter lunch today and it was a big hit. i used 8 oz lite cool whip, light cream cheese and only 1/3rd cup sugar in the filling and it turned out great! I will definitely make this again."
"I just made this exactly like the recipe says and it looks so pretty. I think it will make a yummy treat for our new neighbors! Cant wait to make it again this summer when its hot out."