Red Raspberry Mousse Dessert
When I need a light and refreshing finish to a special meal, I make this fluffy, fruity mousse. Ladyfingers add an elegant look to this pretty dessert.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 23 ladyfingers
- Fresh mint, and raspberries and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in raspberries. Refrigerate until partially thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Arrange the ladyfingers with rounded side out around the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Carefully spoon the raspberry mixture into pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Garnish with mint, raspberries and whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 314 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Red Raspberry Mousse Dessert in Country Woman November/December 2001