When I think of springtime, asparagus comes to mind. This pasta dish is a wonderful blend of tender, crisp, colorful vegetables and a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pasta Primavera in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p65
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review