Creamy Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta Primavera(12)
Sort By :
I substituted broccoli because I really hate asparagus! After reading the other reviews, I also added the tomatoes after cooking. Delicious! Also, the second time I made it, I aded shrimp. This is now a family favorite!
much better if you cook it and THEN add the tomatoes!!
I love garlic and pepper, so the first time I made this I doubled the garlic and the pepper. I also salted the veggies when I sauteed them. I also added sauteed chicken breast. The second time I made this, I tripled the garlic, used a red pepper in place of the cherry tomatoes and added Italian seasoning. Turned a good recipe into an even better one. Next time will try Kielbasa sausage instead of chicken.
The whole family liked this recipe. I added a little more pasta (2 cups with all those veggies didn't look like enough) and more garlic! It actully took less than the 30 prep time... from start to finish was 20 minutes! Will make again on a weekday.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >