- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta Primavera
Sort By :
"Love this, I add fresh mushrooms along with the veggies and sauté, LOVE IT!!!,"
"I substituted broccoli because I really hate asparagus! After reading the other reviews, I also added the tomatoes after cooking. Delicious! Also, the second time I made it, I aded shrimp. This is now a family favorite!"
"much better if you cook it and THEN add the tomatoes!!"
"I love garlic and pepper, so the first time I made this I doubled the garlic and the pepper. I also salted the veggies when I sauteed them. I also added sauteed chicken breast. The second time I made this, I tripled the garlic, used a red pepper in place of the cherry tomatoes and added Italian seasoning. Turned a good recipe into an even better one. Next time will try Kielbasa sausage instead of chicken."