Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, process cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni; toss with cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in cream sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Macaroni and Cheese(95)
Sort By :
Great recipe. I like my mac and cheese creamy like this. I added some panko to to the top for a little crunch.
My kids liked this, but my wife and I thought it was gross. Too rich and creamy for my liking. It was also too pastey. I tend to like my mac and cheese a little milkier than this and not nearly as thick. Sorry, but I won't be making it again.
Just made this tonight on Thanksgiving and wow the family and I really loved it this was my first time cooking Thanksgiving dinner thanks big home run with this Mac & cheese
My daughter in law LOVES mac and cheese. I've been trying different recipes and stopped with this one. It's creamy and rich. I cooked the pasta less than it called for and it was awesome. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
loved this mac and cheese - creamy and dreamy
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >