Creamy Ranch Mac and Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed Saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the Saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 433 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 16, 2014
This was okay. Based off of dogcat_8's review, and my husband's own preference, I used 1-1/2 tsp of garlic powder, and 1 tsp of pepper.....left out the lemon completely. I'll make this again.....it's different. I wouldn't fix it for company though.
Jul 28, 2014
It's easy to make and it taste great
Apr 22, 2013
My family and I didn't enjoy this mac & cheese. First, I only made half the recipe, which was a good thing. The sauce (prior to adding the macaroni) was very liquidy and thin. I could not get it to thicken despite boiling it, so I had to add some flour to get it to thicken, which it did. The lemon pepper seasoning was too overpowering. I would have never guessed this was a Ranch mac & cheese, because all you could taste was the lemon pepper. The proportions were wrong to start with and the taste wasn't great. I definitely have WAY better mac & cheese recipes than this, so this is not a keeper.
Aug 25, 2012
mverygoody daugther made it an it was