Creamy Ranch Mac and Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 433 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Aug 16, 2014
This was okay. Based off of dogcat_8's review, and my husband's own preference, I used 1-1/2 tsp of garlic powder, and 1 tsp of pepper.....left out the lemon completely. I'll make this again.....it's different. I wouldn't fix it for company though.
Jul 28, 2014
It's easy to make and it taste great
Apr 22, 2013
My family and I didn't enjoy this mac & cheese. First, I only made half the recipe, which was a good thing. The sauce (prior to adding the macaroni) was very liquidy and thin. I could not get it to thicken despite boiling it, so I had to add some flour to get it to thicken, which it did. The lemon pepper seasoning was too overpowering. I would have never guessed this was a Ranch mac & cheese, because all you could taste was the lemon pepper. The proportions were wrong to start with and the taste wasn't great. I definitely have WAY better mac & cheese recipes than this, so this is not a keeper.
Aug 25, 2012
mverygoody daugther made it an it was
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.