With crowd-pleasing fruits like apples, bananas and grapes plus crunchy pecans, this wonderful salad doesn't last long on potluck buffets. I never bring home leftovers - just an empty bowl. -Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups whipped topping
- 6 medium red apples, diced
- 6 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 3 cups halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, combine orange and pineapple juices, sugar, egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- When cool, fold in the whipped cream. In a large serving bowl, toss apples with remaining lemon juice. Add bananas and grapes. Add the dressing; stir to coat. Refrigerate. Fold in pecans just before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Fruit Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p33
Reviews for Creamy Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review