- 1 pound linguine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter and oil. Add garlic; saute for 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the broth, clam juice and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the clams and seasonings; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain linguine. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Clam Linguini in Easy Italian Cookbook 2013 2013
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Clam Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review