Creamy Chicken Angel Hair Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, salt and pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute carrot in butter and remaining oil for 1 minute. Add onion and celery; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream, bacon, lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Return chicken to the pan.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Angel Hair(18)
Sort By :
I was the only one that liked this, everybody else didn't. Well, you know what?? More for me:)
Everyone in my family LOVED it, including my picky eaters! I always make the recipe as is the first time, but have since made some modifications... I now use 1 cup heavy cream and 1 cup fat free half and half. This cuts down on the fat and calories without sacrificing the creaminess. I also have cooked the chicken in the microwave in my pampered chef small covered baker to cut down on time. I sprinkle it with the salt and I use garlic pepper and cook on high for 5 minutes. While that and the angel hair are cooking I get started on the carrots in the butter. I also buy the precooked bacon and crumble that up (again to save time). It comes out fantastic every time. Love this recipe!!
We really enjoyed this recipe, I added extra butter because I didn't have whipping cream. I won't add as much next time. Even our 11 month old granddaughter loved it. Will definitely make this again.
I don't see a POST TO FACEBOOK button....I'm sure others would love this recipe also *-)
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. The flavors were mild but still tasty. I didn't have carrots and I used 2% milk instead of cream (it was all I had at that time). Also, 16 oz. of pasta seemed a little too much in relation to the amount of liquid. Next time, I plan to double the liquid ingredients and add fresh sliced mushrooms. I will probably stir 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese into the recipe to amp up the flavor. Overall, great recipe!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >