- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Corn with Bacon
"I made 1/2 recipe for 4 of us. I used a combination of frozen and canned corn because that was all I had on hand. A definite keeper."
"This is the best way to have corn, it's sooo yummy! My Family loves it!!"
"This is an awesome side dish!!!"
"I never would have thought to add bacon with corn, but we loved it!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and is requested again every year after."