- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Corn with Bacon
Sort By :
"I never would have thought to add bacon with corn, but we loved it!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and is requested again every year after."
"Added a little cornstarch to thicken. Delicious."
"I made this awhile ago and it is very good. Must make again soon!"
"A friend brought this recipe to BUNCO yesterday. It was so good, I had to have the recipe. I will definitely put this in my box!"