- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Corn with Bacon
Sort By :
I never would have thought to add bacon with corn, but we loved it!
Made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and is requested again every year after.
Added a little cornstarch to thicken. Delicious.
I made this awhile ago and it is very good. Must make again soon!
A friend brought this recipe to BUNCO yesterday. It was so good, I had to have the recipe. I will definitely put this in my box!